Plant vs. Zombie: Battle for Neighborville is the spin-off that redeemed the Plant vs. Zombie series. It retained its storyline but introduced new features that even made the game more interesting.
Competition makes playing a video game more fun. But the big question remains, does the PVZ battle for Neighborville support cross-platform? Most gamers would be interested to know this so they can play against each other.
You’ll learn all you need to know about this game’s cross platform support, so read on!
Is PVZ Battle For Neighborville Cross Platform?
Unfortunately, PVZ: Battle for Neighborville isn’t cross-platform. You and your friends can only connect servers via one platform to compete in the game. You can’t connect to different platforms to play the game.
EA Games hasn’t said anything about making the game cross-platform anytime soon. They probably want to retain monotony on one platform, or they don’t consider it worthwhile.
However, competition makes for a fascinating gaming experience. Therefore, EA made PVZ a single-player and multiplayer game, allowing gamers to compete on the same platform.
The game has two competitive multiplayer games:
- The team deathmatch version of Team Vanquish
- The objective-based Turf takeover game
You can play these games using the split-screen multiplayer mode or online connection with friends.
The Split-Screen Mode
The split-screen mode allows for couch co-op play. The split-screen mode is useful when you have a friend with whom you’d like to play the game. Also, if you don’t want to buy your own game, this mode enables you to share the screen with a friend and compete.
However, only PS and Xbox support the split-screen mode. The split-screen mode isn’t available on PC and Switch. You can only play it with another person sitting side by side.
How to activate the split-screen mode: Split-screen mode enables two players to play on the same platform. Whether you’re using a PS or Xbox, here’s how to turn on split-screen mode.
- Connect a second controller.
- Once connected, press the second account
- Press and hold the SQUARE/X button on the second controller. The screen will split.
To use the split-screen, you’d need to create a new (second) account using your PSN for the second controller. You don’t have to pay to create a new account.
Know that you can’t use a guest account. If you can’t create a new account, you can use a friend’s account if that friend has a PSN logged in.
Furthermore, some gamers have complained that they tried enabling the split-screen, but it won’t work. If you face such a problem, consider renewing your game license, especially on PS4. Here’s how to do it:
- Go to Settings.
- Search for Account Management
- Click on Restore Licenses
- When you’ve done that, turn off your console. Ensure it’s completely turned off.
- After a few seconds, turn it on again.
- Allow it to boot completely, then open the game again.
- Try opening a new account and activating the split-screen mode again.
However, if you see the message “No space for group” when activating the split-screen, ignore it and continue. It would still work.
Online Connection Mode
Another way to compete with other gamers is to connect online. You can connect with three players online, as only four can be in a group.
Here’s how to connect online with other players:
- Go to the Main Menu.
- Move to the “Friend’s” tab. You’ll see a list of players online.
- Select the person or persons you’ll like to invite.
- Select “Invite to the Group”
- Once the invite is sent, the person must accept before joining the group.
So if you want to play with some friends, you should inform them beforehand that you want to send them an invite. That way, they will be online when the invite comes, and they can accept quickly.
Although the group allows four people, you can still play with two or three people connected. The difference between the online connection and the split-screen is that you can have more players.
However, when playing with split-screen, there can only be two players. The advantage of split-screen over the online connection is that you can sit with your friend when playing. It makes the game more exciting.
What Do We Know About PVZ: Battle For Neighborville?
PVZ: BfN is a third-shooter game. The game revolves around zombies trying to get into the human world so they can eat brains. The humans then employed the help of plants to ward off these zombies.
There are twenty-four characters to choose from, and each character has a unique ability. You’d have to play the game repeatedly, trying out each character, before you can know which to settle for. It’s good to master a few characters, but it’s also good to know how to play with all of them.
If you’re playing with others in a group, you can play the character whose ability complements your other team members. This way, you and your team members can have more scores.
As the game progresses, you can change your character to another that would suit the mode you’re about to enter. You can also change teams if you want. If you’re with the zombies and get tired, you can move to the plant team.
The game has plenty of humor. You can either play the PvP (player vs. player) mode where you can see what other players are doing. The PvP mode is a public space so you should be careful so you don’t get shot by another player.
Or you play the PvE (player vs. environment) mode where you are the only real character. You complete quests, collect items, and explore the zone. Whatever you choose, you’re sure to have a fun time.
PVZ: BfN is available on Xbox, PS, Nintendo Switch, and PC. However, you can only compete on one platform. It neither has cross-play nor cross-platform like some other games.
What We Liked About the PVZ: BfN Game
Amazing visual quality: The visual quality is way better than the previous versions of PVZ. You can see the plants, sunflowers, and others prancing and jumping clearly.
Flexibility: You’re not stuck repeating the same pattern.
- You can use the single-player or multiplayer mode.
- You can also change and explore characters when you want.
- You can also change your team.
Good Soundtrack: The soundtrack conveys the intended message. The sound used in introducing plants is different from the one for zombies. Each sound announces a part of the game.
Improved single-player mode: The single-player mode saw the inception of amazing characters, a clear map, and intriguing quests. Each character you meet has a distinct sound that tells you their ability.
What We Didn’t Like About the PVZ: BFN Game
Connection issues: The game isn’t smooth. You need a stable internet connection to play the game. The continuous loading due to a poor network can cause the game to be boring.
Unbalanced characters: They wear out quickly, and some are easily overpowered. It then leaves you with a limited number of characters to work with. Even the Sprinting option, which should help characters run faster, doesn’t work well.
Not cross-play or cross-platform: The game doesn’t allow you to compete with friends who use a platform different from yours. If you have been playing the game on PS4 and want to play it on a PC, you can’t transfer your progress rate. You have to begin from scratch.
How To Download Play PVZ: Battle for Neighborville
PVZ: BfN is an interesting game, whether you’re playing single-player or multiplayer mode. The first step to playing the game is to download the game on your preferred platform.
Irrespective of your platform, here’s how to download the game:
- Open Menu and go to the Store. If you don’t want to, you can use the search tab, especially if you’re using a PC.
- Either on the Store or Search, type the name of the game. It should appear before you’re done typing.
- Click on it, and the game will display its description
- If you’re satisfied, click on the Buy tab.
- Then select the means of payment and fill in your registered account details (if you’ve not done that before).
- Check the box for the terms and conditions page.
- The game will start downloading. Once done, you’ll get a notification.
- You can set up and start playing.
The instructions may appear differently if you’re using a PC, but it encompasses all of the above. Follow the instructions as you move from one step to another until you download the game. It’s quite easy.
You can download it from the Steam store or on the Origin website.
How To Play PVZ: Battle For Neighborville
- Choose the mode you want to play, PvP or PvE.
- Select your character. The selected character should complement other players’ characters if you’re playing PvP.
- Understand the abilities of your character and where they’ll perform well.
- Whenever you lose your way, find the nearest resident zombie or plant (depending on your team) and ask for directions.
PVZ: BfN is a third-shooter game with single-player and multiplayer modes. The game is a successful spin-off from Plants Vs. Zombies franchise series. However, it does not support cross-platform.
You can only compete with your friends through split-screen or online connection avenues. You can’t compete with other players by connecting the game via different platforms like Xbox to PC.
You also can’t transfer your progress level to another platform. If you want to play the game on another platform, you have to start afresh. The game has lots of amazing features that you’ll enjoy.
- Twinfinite: Plants Vs. Zombies Battle For Neighborville: How To Play Split-Screen Multiplayer (Co-Op &Vs)
- Super Parent: Plants Vs. Zombies Battle For Neighborville Complete Edition On Switch: A Superparent First Look
- Saint Scroll: The Pros and Cons Of PVZ Battle For Neighborville
- HITC: How To Play Plants Vs. Zombies Battle For Neighborville In Split-Screen
- WikiHow: How To Play Plant Vs. Zombies Battle For Neighborville